Info & Communication Technology
The goal of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is to provide and/or support products that store, process, transmit, convert, duplicate or receive electronic information. The focus and drive of the ICT department is to provide support on software and technology platforms as well as services that help the hospital perform better (in terms of speed and accuracy) towards meeting the healthcare needs of every patient.
The department functions in providing Information and Communication Technology Support in these areas, namely:
1. Computer Maintenance Services
2. Computer Network Support
3. Application Development
4. Telemedicine Technology Support
5. E-Health Platform Support
6. E-Learning and Collaborative Technologies Support
7. Data Processing Services
8. Email Management
9. Social Media Management
10. Training Services
11. ICT Project Supervision
12. ICT Supplies Certification
We coordinate and provide training services on ICT skills and education that benefit both staff and students of the hospital. Some of our academic activities include, amongst others:
- We had facilitated collaboration between the hospital (on the one side) and Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) and Digital Bridge Institue (DBI), Abuja (on the other), for the training of members of staff to acquire and develop cutting edge and relevant ICT skills. We are also poised at continuing to utilize similar opportunities of collaboration to maintain the penetration of ICT skills and knowledge amongst members of the hospital community in the future.
- We have participated in teaching students of some of the schools run by hospital, including: Post Basic Nursing Schools, School of Health Information Management and Biostatistics as well as the Community Health Officer Training School. A good number of the computer educators to these schools come from the ICT department.
- We also accept students from universities and polytechnics across the country for Industrial Training (IT) and Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) for 3 months to 1 year period who become exposed to real-life work experience during their training. This goes a long way in equipping the young ones with much needed confidence to excel in the every growing world of computers after graduation.”