Orthopaedic & Trauma
The department was established in 2010 from the department of Surgery. The department manages orthopedic and orthopedic trauma emergencies as well as elective cases. It is set up to offer 24hour services. It trains residents for specialization on Orthopaedics and trauma and is engaged in research activities to improve quality of care to patients. It has one of yhe largest patient volumes in the hospital.
- Teaching of medical students
- Teaching and training of resident doctors
- Weekly journal clubs
- Weekly morbidity meetings
- Twice monthly grand rounds
- Twice monthly director’s rounds
- Weekly breakfast tutorials”
- Emergency Orthopeadic and Trauma care services
- Out patient Orthopaedic clinics
- Specialized club foot clinic
- Orthopeaedic trauma care (operative).
- Specialized, Spine , Arthroplasty, Oncology, Paediatric Orthopaedic and limb deformity correction services.
- In patient care.